Work for Fife Chamber
You want to work in an organisation that has big ambitions. You want to collaborate with professional people who look out for each other. You want to work in a place where your achievements are recognised, and your talents are showcased.
If that describes you and you are an experienced event organiser, Fife Chamber of Commerce has an exciting opportunity for you.
Local companies and third sector organisations pay an annual subscription to be a member of Fife Chamber and in return we provide them with a range of services to them to let them network and share good business practice with each other.
The Chamber’s members can be large multi-nationals or sole-trader start-ups, and everything in between.
They expect us to deliver a diverse range of events, from intimate forums to online workshops to 400-guest black-tie dinners, which reflect their different priorities.
Events are vital to the financial wellbeing of the Chamber: they make it attractive to current and prospective membership subscription payers and they are a valuable source of income in their own right.
Events are the 'public face' of the Chamber and underpin its high standing in the local business community, so the importance of the Event Executive cannot be underestimated. This is a critical appointment for Fife Chamber.
You will collaborate closely with the Chief Executive to ensure the efficient design, marketing, delivery, and evaluation of a professional and profitable programme of in-person, online and hybrid events.
Your broad remit includes:
- Identifying suitable venues, caterers, AV, and other suppliers, negotiating terms with them, and making sure they fulfil their contractual obligations
- Liaising with speakers and sponsors, ensuring they are fully always briefed
- Writing website/enewsletter content to market the events
- Administering and recording bookings
- Setting up and managing registration
- Sending feedback forms to delegates
- Analysing delegate feedback and reporting the results to the Chief Executive.
Minimum of two years’ prior experience in an event role, where you demonstrated your ability to:
- Manage the logistics and budget of an annual, multi-event programme
- Allocate staff roles and brief the team appropriately
- Set up and manage delegate booking/registration processes for individual events
- Negotiate with venues and other suppliers, and win their trust to build long-term relationships
- Identify new innovations and trends in events and successfully incorporate them into an existing programme.
Previous experience working in a small business.
- You possess exceptional communication skills.
- You always deliver a high level of customer service.
- You are comfortable dealing with people at all levels, from administrators to executives.
- You excel in a role where multitasking is the norm and managing your workload and maintaining high standards of performance when working under pressure is expected.
- You display absolute attention to detail at all times.
- You are a team player who can take direction easily, while demonstrating flexibility and adaptability, and the ability to work on your own initiative.
- You never stop at “good enough”: you always want to improve your performance.
How to apply
Apply via email to: [email protected]
Your CV must include a statement (200 words minimum) that explains why you have the right skills and experience for the position. Your CV will not be reviewed unless it is accompanied by this statement.
Fife Chamber is an equal opportunities employer.
We welcome applications from ex-service men or women.
First-stage interviews will take place online. Second stage interviews will be in-person.
Competitive salary + 5% pension contribution
32 days’ paid holiday entitlement (including public holidays)
Additional holiday entitlement for military reservists
You are required to be in the office on Monday (subject to prevailing Scottish Government guidelines) but can choose to work from home on other days if it does not adversely impact the execution of your duties.
You will work with a group of people who will make you feel very welcome and who will give you support when you need it.
The Chamber’s high visibility and prominent status within the Fife business community makes it an ideal shop window for your talent.