Thursday, 11 November 2021 13:30 to 16:00
Member Rate £0.00
Non-member Rate £0.00
Part 1 - Mentoring Young People
'Mentoring Young People' is designed for individuals responsible for supporting young people on work placements as well as individuals responsible for managing apprentices or young employees within their organisation.
The format of the session includes facilitator-led discussion, individual activities, and action planning. The course content includes:
- Understand the difference between mentoring and coaching
- Have Identified key skills and competencies, including
- Building trust and rapport
- Understand how to adapt your approach for young people
Part 2 - Using the GROW Model for Mentoring Young People
During this follow-up session you will explore in more detail how to use the GROW model to structure your formal and informal mentoring conversations. This workshop designed for individuals who are looking to build their skills in holding mentoring conversations, whether as formally arranged meetings or everyday conversations (face-to-face, virtual, or electronic).
The format of the day includes facilitator-led discussion, group and individual activities, skills practice sessions, and action planning. The webinar content includes:
- Exploring the GROW model for mentoring conversations
- When the FROM model can also be used for young people
- Understanding the difference between directive and non-directive behaviours, and when to use each
- Mentoring scenarios to review
- Building confidence to take the action that is needed to grow and develop yourself and your business.
- Growing leadership and management skills throughout organisations.
- Facilitating behavioural change through high impact training.
- Project and programme management.
- Developing high performance teams.
- Understanding key financial concepts relevant to your role in the organisation.
Delegate Job Title: