Travelknowhow Scotland - supporting the development and implementation of workplace Travel
Thursday, 27 April 2017
A unique, free online toolkit supporting the development and implementation of workplace Travel Plans.
Funded and supported by Scotland’s 7 Regional Transport Partnerships and Transport Scotland, Travelknowhow Scotland supports and contributes directly to the Scottish Government’s Low Carbon Scotland ambition for decarbonising transport, and the specific aim of having effective Travel Plans in all workplaces with more than 30 employees by 2020.
Once registered, organisations gain free access to a website which guides them through the entire travel planning process in a clear and easy to follow way, providing all the support and tools needed to engage with employees and start changing travel behaviour within their own organisation.
Additional support is available from the Regional Transport Partnerships’ own Travel Plan staff and Travelknowhow’s marketing and travel planning experts.
The Website is divided into easy to use sections:
- Getting Started – this section is full of support tools to help organisations get started. It includes the popular Calendar of Sustainable Travel Related Events which is a great starting point for organisations as well as various templates available to download.
- Knowledge Base – this section has an abundance of useful information on a range of Travel Plan related topics from company car tax to BREEAM compliance and the overall impact of transport on the environment. There are also great examples of how other organisations across Scotland have successfully encouraged their employees to think about using a more sustainable mode of travel.
- Communications Kit – this is a marketing led section aimed at giving organisations the tools and practical resources needed to communicate the benefits of sustainable travel to employees. Organisations can download a range of FREE, adaptable poster templates to help them get their messages spot on.
- Taking Action – this section of the website is all about inspiring organisations. It is packed full of information, ideas and practical suggestions to help organisations implement their own travel planning initiatives and events.
- Staying on Track - this section is full of tools to help organisations monitor how effective their travel planning measures have been as well as providing advice and resources to assist them in maintaining the interest in their initiatives and refreshing the key messages.
For more information about Travelknowhow Scotland, contact [email protected]
Register today at: www.travelknowhowscotland.co.uk