Covid business funding update
Nightclub Closure Fund
This fund will provide a one-off payment to support nightclubs that were required to close due to Covid-19 measures in December 2021 and January 2022.
The grant is a one-off payment as follows:
- £25,000 for premises with a rateable value of up to and including £40,000
- £35,000 for premises with a rateable value between £40,001 and £75,000
- £55,000 for premises with a rateable value of £75,001 or above
Individual ratepayers with more than one business may receive an award for each registered business entity.
Nightclubs that have previously received support will be contacted to complete an application by 14 January 2022.
Businesses who have not been contacted by 14 January 2022 and believe they should have been can contact [email protected].
Businesses which are registered as a nightclub that have never received Covid-19 funding through their local authority may be eligible for this fund. Further details of how to the process will be provided soon.
Taxi & Private Hire Driver and Operator Support Fund
This fund will provide a one-off payment to eligible drivers and operators who have been affected by the Covid-19 restrictions in December 2021 and January 2022.
For drivers, local authorities will make a further payment of £750 to all drivers who previously received a grant through the Taxi and Private Hire Driver and Operator Support Fund in 2021.
For operators, local authorities will make a payment to all eligible operators who previously received a grant through the Taxi and Private Hire Driver and Operator Support Fund in 2021. The amount you receive will depend on the number of vehicles you have:
- owner/operators with one vehicle - a single award of £750
- owner/operators with 2 to 9 vehicles - a single award of £3,000
- owner/operators with 10 to 49 vehicles - a single award of £7,000
- owner/operators with 50 or more vehicles – a single award of £15,000
Local authorities will contact all eligible vehicle licence holders shortly to verify eligibility and arrange payment.