Scotland’s Social Enterprise Awards 2017 Now Live!
Scotland’s annual awards for achievement in social enterprise are now open for entries!
Social Enterprise Scotland is calling on all social enterprises to step up and demonstrate how they’re helping people or the environment - gaining real recognition for their many achievements.
The deadline for award applications is Monday 10 July 2017. All information is at: socialenterpriseawards.scot
Fraser Kelly, Chief Executive, Social Enterprise Scotland, said:
“Social enterprises in every corner of Scotland are building a better economy and a fairer society. The Social Enterprise Awards Scotland is a unique opportunity for social enterprises to gain serious recognition for their achievements and dramatically raise their public profile. Be confident and don't underestimate your impact - apply now!"
Information on categories, eligibility, how to apply and the latest news from this year’s awards programme can be found at: socialenterpriseawards.scot
To request a social enterprise news feature of any length for print or for further information or to arrange an interview about the awards, please contact: Fraser Kelly on 0131 243 2650 / 07501 221 582 or [email protected].
Social Enterprise Scotland is The Voice of Social Enterprise - uniting social enterprises and their supporters into a strong campaigning force. We're your gateway to Scotland's social enterprise community. We’re an independent, Scottish, membership-led organisation, built and controlled by social enterprises. We're the first point of contact for the media and public and promote a positive vision for social enterprise.
Why should I apply?
- Social entrepreneurs should have their achievements recognised - take a step back, reflect on the progress you're making and benchmark against a set of specific criteria. The awards allow you to appreciate the positive impact of your hard work and be recognised by your peers for your commitment.
- A voice for those you’re helping - The awards are about acknowledging success, innovation and positive social impact, often for the benefit of excluded people in society - and ultimately about giving recognition and a voice to the people you're helping.
- Supporters and new starts can enter too - You don’t have to be a social enterprise to enter - there are categories for supporters and investors too. There’s also an award for those just starting out on their social enterprise journey.
- Free marketing and promotion - essential for all social enterprises. Being shortlisted for, or winning an award, allows you to gain a higher public and media profile - it's excellent free publicity and makes you stand out from the crowd.
- A unique artwork trophy for display - a unique trophy designed by a social enterprise, plus an exclusive "Finalist" or "Winner" logo to use on your website, leaflets, vehicles and offices - adding to your reputation and influence and helping bring in more customers and building key relationships.
- A profile beyond Scotland - The Social Enterprise Awards Scotland are part of an awards programme recognised and promoted across the whole of the UK and beyond - you have the opportunity to compete across the UK too.
- An event celebration for everyone - Whether winning an award, shortlisted or not - you deserve to be celebrated - all applicants are welcome to freely attend the awards ceremony in The Scottish Parliament with friends, colleagues and MSPs - get inspired and apply today! All applications online at: socialenterpriseawards.scot - deadline Monday 10 July.