Developing the Young Workforce - Preparing young people for the world of work
Developing the Young Workforce (DYW) is the Scottish Government’s national strategy for enhancing links between businesses and education. Developed by business for business, we are linking employers with schools and colleges to boost business success in Fife and open up the world of work to young people.
Why get involved? Benefits for businesses
• Contribute to the preparation of a highly employable future workforce
• Inspire young people to work for your company, or sector, to secure a talent flow
• Build relationships with the next generation of employees and customers
• Help young people develop the attitudes, skills and knowledge that they need for business
• Harness the perspective and skills of young people to tackle business challenges
• Provide development opportunities for staff through supporting young people
• Inform young people about the relevance, growth and attractiveness of industry sectors and career opportunities
• Shape the curriculum to ensure subjects are relevant to the workplace
• Support your local community and achieve a heightened profile
Let’s do business Businesses from small, local businesses to large, multi-nationals across private, public and voluntary sectors are changing young people’s lives. There are many ways to help young people get work ready and support skills development to transform the local economy.
How you can get involved:
• Speak at a school, about your career, business or industry
• Host an on-site workplace visit
• Attend a careers event, or help deliver an interview skills session
• Become a STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts & Maths) Ambassador
• Raise awareness of job vacancies
• Offer a work placement
• Deliver masterclasses or mentoring
• Take on a school-leaver intern or Modern Apprentice
If you are interested in these, or any other learning or work-based initiatives to get the future workforce career ready, please get in touch. Tel: 03451 55 55 55 + Ext 473141 Email: [email protected]
Find out more about Developing the Young Workforce by clicking here.