Exporting is GREAT ‘Export Hub’ set to tour Scotland
On 29 February, the UK Government's unique interactive Export Hub will launch its Scotland tour, bringing a world of insight, inspiration and opportunity right to your doorstep.
Following the national launch of Exporting is GREAT in November 2015, UK Trade and Investment (UKTI) will be working with Scottish Enterprise to roll-out the initiative in Scotland in the New Year, with lead partners Scottish Development International (SDI), Scottish Council for Development and Industry (SCDI), UK Government and the Scottish Government.
Research shows that exporters, of all sizes, are more productive, innovative and resilient to economic downturns. As the world becomes ever more globalised and digital, the potential for Scottish businesses to reach out to new customers and lucrative new international markets has never been greater.
Exporting is GREAT will showcase live export opportunities, and provide advice and support to help your business begin exporting. Every day around the world, someone somewhere wants or needs your product or service. The demand is out there. You could be too.
Export Hub tour
Exporting is GREAT’s Export Hub – a mobile flexible events space – is travelling the length and breadth of the UK giving face-to-face support and guidance to first-time exporters, using the latest technology to connect businesses with export opportunities.
As the Export Hub makes its way around Scotland – 29 February to 4 March – regional staff from UKTI, Scottish Enterprise and Exporting is GREAT partners will be on hand to engage and support Scottish companies like yours at a local level.
Attend a morning seminar
- Book market essentials on 1 March in Glasgow
- Book innovate to export on 2 March in Aberdeen
- Selling online to international markets on 3 March in Dundee - booking coming soon
- Book innovate to export on 4 March in Edinburgh
Attend an afternoon workshop
- Book market analysis on 1 March Glasgow
- Book international ecommerce on 2 March Aberdeen
- Market entry on 3 March Dundee - booking coming soon
- Book international ecommerce on 4 March Edinburgh
Meet one-to-one with qualified experts
Grab some time away from the office to come and chat with trade and market experts. Get practical advice on all aspects of doing business overseas, including:
- Market insights and live opportunities
- Market entry essentials
- How to research and analyse your target market
- How to innovate your business and start selling internationally
- How to use international ecommerce to maximise your digital reach
- International banking, freight and logistics
- And much more
Two meeting rooms will offer more private areas for consultations, with specialist advisers and refreshment facilities available.
Large screens throughout the truck will highlight market opportunities and next steps you can take for your business.
Exporting is GREAT Scotland launch
Come along to the launch event at Hampden Park Stadium, Glasgow on 29 February.
Hear Scottish business leaders – including Andrea Pozzi, Managing Director International, Tennents (C&C Group) and Jim Stewart, Managing Director, Clicknetherfield – share their exporting experiences and advice.
There’ll be plenty of opportunities meet specialist advisers, network with like-minded companies and access live sales leads from across the world.