Fife Gingerbread launch Heat and Eat 2020 campaign
Fife Gingerbread support lone parents and families in need throughout Fife. Our annual ‘Heat & Eat’ Campaign focuses on ensuring that families have a safe, warm and happy Christmas period. The people, communities and businesses of Fife have been incredible over the years in their support.
If you are able – we would be grateful of your support towards this year’s appeal. We don’t need to tell you that this year our Campaign has to be different. We won’t be able to fundraise by rattling cans, shaking hands, singing carols or hosting Christmas parties. However, we still need your help!
A donation to Fife Gingerbread will make a huge difference to the families we support, families like these:
• Single mother with four children aged between 1 and 12 are facing financial difficulties surviving on a low income. The parent struggles to get out and about for everyday tasks as one of her children has physical mobility issues which requires frequent hospital trips for the whole family.
• One parent described the challenge of lockdown, and home schooling as overwhelming as her children were different ages and stages, and one child has a learning disability. She is worried for her family’s future.
• Teen parent who fled her home during lockdown due to domestic violence. Her anxiety is now much worse, and she is scared about the impact this will have on her son.
• Twenty-year-old mother who has been sleeping on family sofas with her baby in a travel cot due to remaining homeless throughout lockdown.
• The family moved into their own property just before lockdown, however due to the pandemic she struggled to make ends meet and turn the house into a home for her toddler. She went months without items many of us take for granted like a hoover – she was unable to get the help needed.
• Dad is living alone with his daughter following a bereavement, and feels isolated with no friends or family to turn to for support.
It has been an extraordinary year for all of us. Fife Gingerbread want to make sure that the families receiving support have a warm home and food on the table during the holidays. We want their children and young people to have a magical Christmas with a present to tear open as soon as they wake up.
We are calling for Fifers and Fife Businesses to help us this year. Every donation received through our Heat & Eat Campaign will directly benefit families in need – providing support such as funds to top up electric meters, food, essential items and small gifts.
YOU CAN HELP US TO DO THIS!