Unlock the Hidden Potential of Blogging: Inside Track with David Dwyer
Unleash the Power of Blog Writing: Tips, Tricks & Advice
Blog writing may not be at the forefront of your online marketing efforts. In fact, it may not be included in your marketing strategy at all.
With the lure of PPC (pay-per-click) campaigns, social media ads and viral video marketing, it’s easy to push blog writing to the side for a seemingly more attractive alternative.
But this shouldn’t be the case if you are serious about improving your business's online marketing efforts.
Blog writing is a fantastic marketing tool that can attract thousands of new users to your website each and every month. And better yet, it’s completely free and is something you can start implementing today.
In this week’s edition of Inside Track, I’ll delve into the many benefits that blog writing can bring to your business, as well as discuss the significant role blog writing plays within search engine optimisation (SEO) before sharing some practical tips so that you can start producing high-performing blog posts from the comfort of your living room.
So, without further ado, let’s delve into the unlocked potential of blogs and the significant impact they can have on your business.
Unleash the Power of Blog Writing: Tips, Tricks & Advice
For those aiming for prime visibility online, SEO should be a vital focus. And one of the most important tools in an SEO expert's arsenal?
Optimised, value-led blogs.
With a good blog, your SEO strategy isn't just improved: It's supercharged.
By incorporating the right keywords into your blog posts, you make your business more visible to search engines, thereby attracting a wider and more relevant audience.
Furthermore, consistently posting fresh, relevant content aids in establishing your website as an authority in your industry. This is vitally important to SEO, as if Google recognises you as an expert within your sector, they will be more likely to push you up the search results, meaning more traffic and increased visibility.
Therefore, we can see blog writing a double win for your brand: Boosting both your website’s SEO rank and your credibility.
But what makes a good blog? Here are some ideas to keep in mind:
- Give value to your reader by writing about topics that are relevant to your business and in line with current topics and trends
- Answer frequently asked questions that your audience is actively looking for.
- Use relevant keywords to boost your SEO rankings
- Include internal links to create a smooth customer journey on your site.
- Add images to make the content more engaging
- Write compelling headlines and metadata to get more readers to click on your blog
Making money with blogs
As established, blogs are a great tool for increasing SEO efforts and web traffic. In turn, by bringing more people onto your site, you stand a better chance at converting these users into paying customers.
However, the money-making potential of blog writing doesn't end there.
Here's a list of the various ways you can monetise your blog:
- Advertising: The most common way to generate income from a blog is by displaying ads on your blog using platforms like Google AdSense or other advertising networks. You earn revenue when a visitor to your blog clicks on these ads or just views them. The higher the traffic, the more revenue your blog can bring in
- Affiliate Marketing: Promote a product or service on your blog and provide an individualised link to purchase the item. Each time a reader clicks the link and completes a purchase, you will receive a small percentage of the sale.
- Email marketing: Encouraging blog readers to sign up to your email list is one of the most important strategies to making money online. Of course, the money won’t come instantly, but it helps build a relationship with your audience which can then lead to future sales and increased business.
- Selling Products or Services: You can use your blog to promote and sell your own products or services. This could be physical goods, digital products, or services related to your area of expertise.
Ready to start blogging? Expert tips to get started
- Begin by identifying your audience and understanding their needs.
Every blog should solve a problem, answer a question or give valuable information to your specific audience.
- Next, create a content calendar to plan your blog posts.
Remember, consistency is key! Don’t aim for something that is unachievable. It’s preferable to consistently produce one blog per week, instead of producing three blogs one week, then none for the next month.
Additionally, you should always:
- Research and incorporate relevant keywords in your blog, targetting one main keyword per blog.
- Write in simple terms and speak directly to your target audience, using language that will resonate with them.
- Don’t forget to do your research!
- Look at your competitors and other top-ranking blogs to give you a better idea of the type of content that is working within your industry.
- Advertise your blog on other platforms, such as social media or email marketing, to get the highest amount of traffic possible.
How Inspire can help
Here at Inspire, we excel in providing first-class SEO and copywriting services.
Whether you're just starting your blogging journey or you're an experienced blogger seeking to enhance your SEO efforts, we can provide the professional guidance you need. Our team of experts are proficient in crafting strategic, SEO-driven content that not only boosts your online visibility but also enhances user experience.
If you’d like to find out more about the power of blog writing or require more information on how to optimise your blogs for the best online results, drop me a line and I’d be more than happy to give you further advice.
Connect with me on Linkedin
If you have any questions, fancy a chat or are looking for an introduction to someone, message me on Linkedin. If you want any specific advice about anything digital, I'm here to help. Give me a call on 01738 700 006 or drop me a line and I’ll get right back to you.