54 Young Fife People, 22 Fife Business & Endless Tweets
Friday, 26 July 2019
Mhairi Prendergast, Career Ready Regional Manager for Fife & Forth Valley shares some of the highlights from this year’s Career Ready internships across Fife. “I am so proud of our young Fife people this year. Each on their own journeys of personal development and career discovery, but as a collective, have shown professionalism, adaptability, resilience, creativity, curiosity and excitement for their futures. The transformation in many of our students has been insurmountable, and this wouldn’t be possible without the invaluable support of our amazing network of mentors and employer supporters. THANK YOU!”
What is Career Ready?
A structured 2 year (S5&S6) programme built around a framework of skills that employers consider essential for employment: Communication, Networking, Team work, Self-Management, self-awareness, problem solving and resourcefulness. Students are matched to a mentor who they meet every 6-8 weeks, wrapped around a high-quality 4 week paid internship within their mentors organisation. This programme transforms lives.
Reasons to get involved:
· Young people often struggle to translate the subjects they are sitting at school, into Careers, especially in a labour market where new and exciting jobs are being created all the time
· Offer insight, and inspire young people to consider careers in your industry
· Gives you a chance to help students grow in confidence, boost their social capital, gain essential skills for work and life.
· Low risk and structured way to engage young people into your organisation
· We work closely with our partner employers to provide them with the resources, support, and guidance needed to ensure that the internship works for the young person and the host organisation.
· Great development opportunity for employees who might be considering management roles
Our amazing Fife employer network includes: Babcock Int., Better World Books, Condies, CoorsTek, Diageo, Fife Council, Havelock Europa, HCS Control Systems, HR Dept, Kingdom Housing Association, Loch Levens Larder, OPTOS, PowerPhotonic Ltd, Scott Group Ltd, Scottish Enterprise, SEPA, SOTEAG, St Andrews Links Trust, Taylor Wimpey, TechnipFMC, The Old Course Hotel and Thornton Tomasetti, with many other employers signed up to get involved this year. Exciting!
How to get involved: Send an email with the title: “Tell me More” to: [email protected]. Mhairi would be delighted to arrange an initial call to introduce the programme in more detail, and then if it sounds like something you and your organisation would like to get involved with, Mhairi will arrange to visit you in your office.