Encourage your local area to enter the Great British High Street Competition!
The Great British High Street Competition is open and looking for nominations from England, Scotland and Wales’ best high streets. Fife Chamber of Commerce is a proud supporter of this year’s competition because we want to help champion the wonderful work going on in high streets. This year there are even more chances to win with 10 categories, as well as the opportunity for 4 individuals to be named ‘high street heroes’.
Anyone can nominate their local high street, so if you are working in a local team or know of any business improvement districts, town teams or traders’ association that deserve the spotlight, why not enter? Or, if your local area is entering, please help them to campaign for their high street to win. Winners get the chance to receive a cash prize of up to £10,000 and a range of mentoring and training opportunities, including digital training from Google.
New to 2016, they’re also looking for store managers and employees from national or independent retailers to win a ‘high street hero’ award. If you’d like to enter or know someone who’s working hard on the high street - nominations are open on the Great British High Street website.
The categories are:
- Village – population between 500 to 2,500 residents
- Local centre - precinct or parade of shops
- Market Towns – small – population of less than 10,000
- Market Towns – large – population between 10,000 - 30,000
- Town Centre - population of more than 30,000
- City Location - population of more than 200,000
- Coastal Community
- Rising Star - to recognise towns that are turning fortunes around
- Best store manager or employee from a national retailer / organisation
- Best store manager or employee from an independent / small business
- Best market manager, operator or trader
- Best under 25 years old