Fife House Builders Forum 2016 - "Breaking New Ground" - Quality and Quantity
Purpose of Event
The House Builders Forum is organised by Fife Council's Economy, Planning and Employability Services and provides a great opportunity for industry professionals to come together. Last year’s event debated the challenges that face the industry including the availability of a skilled workforce, Fife's strategic advantage to house builders and the vital role of small to medium enterprises in the sector.
The forthcoming forum on Thursday 20th October takes place at the Carnegie Conference Centre in Dunfermline and aims to focus on a number of pertinent discussion points: In particular, modernising Building Standards, innovation in the construction sector and private/public partnership.
The forum includes a variety of speakers from the private and public sectors. The presentations shall be accompanied by two question and answer sessions allowing all delegates to have their say.
Who Should Attend?
Those working within Fife’s house building sector, including local building contractors, development companies and those employed within related professional services.
To book your place email: [email protected]
Event Chair: Bill Lindsay, Development Plan Service Manager
- 13:00 – 13:00 - Arrival, coffee
- 13:30 - 13-45 - A Successful Year Robin Presswood, Head of Economy, Planning and Employability Services
- 13:45 - 14:00 - Modernising the Building Standards Function Neil Mitchell, Building Standards and Public Safety Service Manager
- 14:00 - 14:20 - Innovation in Scotland's Construction Industry William McBride, Construction Innovation Centre
- 14:20 - 14:55 Q&A
- 14:55 - 15:30 Coffee
- 15:30 - 15:45 - Affordable Housing, Customer Voice in Planning, Future Challenges, Implementation of the Planning Review Cllr Lesley Laird, Depute Leader and Executive Spokesperson for Economy and Planning
- 15:45 - 16:05 - Private/Public Partnership Speaker TBC
- 16:05 - 16:30 - Planning Minister- Implementing the Scottish Governments Planning Review Kevin Stewart, MSP
- 16:30 - 17:00 Q&A Panel Session