Venturefest Scotland 2016
The Venturefest Network draws local innovation eco-systems together through a number of local events around the country, working closely with Innovate UK (Technology Strategy Board), the Knowledge Transfer Network and other national partners to strengthen connectivity between these innovators, investors and entrepreneurs.
The Network and its Venturefest members aim to accelerate the translation of innovations and new technologies into increased economic growth by supporting local innovation eco-systems and their local Venturefest events to:
· Strengthen the connectivity between innovators, investors and entrepreneurs
· Strengthen connections with national bodies such as Innovate UK (Technology Strategy Board) and others to find out who they should be working with in all parts of the UK
· Increase the visibility of each Venturefest event and its local innovation ecosystem to other innovation communities in the UK and internationally
· Provide businesses, entrepreneurs, and their local business communities, an established and recognised platform to promote their ideas
· Enhance the quality and effectiveness of their local innovation community through shared best practice based on shared evidence of inputs, outputs and outcomes
· Access funding from national partners
· Access support from its national network structure and members
Venturefest Scotland is an annual event for ambitious growth businesses, entrepreneurs, investors and innovators; designed to inspire, inform and connect.
The event provides a platform for SMEs in Scotland to network, to learn, to share expertise and ideas, and ultimately to do business.
It takes place in Glasgow Science Centre on Thursday 1 September 2016.
By attending Venturefest Scotland 2016, you will:
· Learn from inspiring industry leaders in exciting interactive workshops and keynote addresses
· Have valuable and free one-to-one time with a range of experts
· Build and strengthen your networks with cross-fertilisation of ideas and peer-to-peer learning
· Find advice on how to attract funding and investment from a variety of sources
· Engage with a variety of exhibitors and explore our innovation showcase
These delegates from 2015 summed up the Venturefest experience perfectly:
“I think one of the most exciting things about being here is the real variety of people in the room. There’s a real mixture of decision makers and business owners and you can really have a productive conversation that you know is going to result in something.”
“It’s very beneficial for SMEs because they are able to meet up with other companies rather than operate in their own little isolated world – it’s very easy to fall into that trap. This event opens up their eyes to new possibilities to develop innovation in their own business.”